Innovation in DPS109

Thanks for visiting my blog! My name is Marcie Faust and I am the Director for Innovative Learning for Deerfield Public Schools District 109. I work within the Department of Teaching and Learning with a deep focus on how to bring innovation into all of our classrooms. I spend a great deal of time working with our amazing teachers, inspirational coaches, visionary leaders administrators and committed staff members to explore the more effective pedagogy, technology and learning environments to help prepare our students for their future.

On this blog, I share a myriad of topics for both the DPS109 staff and the parent community! Because my position is so multi-faceted, my blog must mirror my role. You will be able to find information about tech tools under the heading “Marcie’s Minute.” In the section “On the Road,” I share the experiences collected from various school and district visits to report on the best practices and trends we learn while we are away from Deerfield. Our “Digital Citizenship” section will help educators and families support our students who are growing up in a connected, digital world. Finally, the section called “Journey” gives our readers some history of how we have gone about bringing innovation into the classroom in District 109.

If you would like to share suggestions, ideas or feedback, please visit Let’s Talk. An open dialogue is a priority in District 109, so please do not hesitate to share your thinking with us!