July 1st!

The date, July 1st, has been burned on my brain ever since I got the phone call from our Executive Director of Human Resources, Dale Fisher, several months ago telling me that I would have the privilege of serving as our district’s next Director for Innovative Learning. I am pleased to introduce myself to this blog’s readers. My name is Marcie Faust, and I am thrilled to be serving District 109 in this exciting role at a time of revolutionary change in our classrooms as they all transform into 1:1 learning environments. Last year, I had the wonderful experience of piloting 1:1 Chromebooks as a 6th grade language arts teacher, and I am eager to bring insight and passion to my new position.

After my first official day on the job, I can honestly say that I am in awe of the brilliant minds that help lead this district as well as the talented teachers that make learning happen for our students. We have an exciting school year ahead with our 1:1 Learning initiative to engage, inspire and empower our students and teachers.  This blog will serve as a means to communicate some of the incredible learning experiences that will be taking place in classrooms across the district. Thanks for stopping by!

One thought on “July 1st!

1. Congratulations Marcie! I know you are a person who always engages and inspires others. Enjoy your new position!